The Artist Series ATM250DE dual-element instrument microphone features cardioid condenser and hypercardioid dynamic capsules combined in a single housing.
Audio-Technica's innovative use of two polar patterns is ideal for kick drum: the hypercardioid dynamic element focuses tightly on the aggressive attack of the beater, while the condenser captures the round tonalities of the shell. The elements are positioned in a perfect phase relationship, something practically impossible to achieve with two separate microphones. Not just for kick drum, Metallica is now using the ATM250DE in concert, on all guitar cabs, and it's also stellar on bass amps.
Includes a professional isolation clamp to provide secure mounting, versatile positioning and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise.
ATM250DE Dual-Element Instrument Microphone
- ELEMENTS: Condenser, dynamic
- POLAR PATTERNS: Cardioid (condenser), Hypercardioid (dynamic)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 40-20,000 Hz (condenser), 40-15,000 Hz (dynamic)
- LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave (condenser)
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: —49 dB (3.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (condenser), —53 dB (2.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (dynamic)
- IMPEDANCE: 50 ohms (condenser), 600 ohms (dynamic)
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: 148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. (condenser)
- DYNAMIC RANGE (TYPICAL): 122 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL (condenser)
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa (condenser)
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 11-52V DC, 3.5 mA typical (condenser)
- SWITCHES: Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (condenser only)
- WEIGHT: 320 g (11.3 oz)
- DIMENSIONS: 143.6 mm (5.65") long, 55.0 mm (2.17") diameter
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR: Integral 5-pin XLRM-type
- CABLE: 5.0 m (16.5') dual shielded, 8-conductor cable, 5-pin XLRF-type connector at microphone, two 3-pin XLRM-type output connectors
- ACCESSORIES FURNISHED: AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 adapter; soft protective pouch
- AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE: R9