Built for the future with a nod to the past.
The "modern approach to acoustic guitar tradition" has long been Ibanez's motto for the Artwood series. Their Artwood Vintage stretches even further back in history, borrowing the best features from highly desired vintage instruments. One of the ways they do this is by employing an "aging" process to the tonewoods of each Artwood Vintage series model. The wood is Thermo Aged through a special drying process at high temperatures which is commonly referred to as “baking” or “torrefaction”. Only specially selected and seasoned tonewood can be cured using this process. The wood is heated in a vacuum with a specific process for each type of the wood, in order to release water and decompose resin contained within the material.
As a result, Thermo Aged tonewood becomes light, hard and stable, approximating the tonal characteristics of wood that has dried for decades, while providing amazing response and a louder sound. The parlor body shape offers a tonal character that includes a full-bodied low end and a great smooth sustain in the treble notes which are common features of vintage guitars.
The AVN11 Artwood Vintage features a Thermo Aged solid Caucasian spruce top which also delivers a dry, vintage sound. Furthermore, a semi-gloss antique finish offers an even more classic appearance. Combined with a mahogany back and Thermo Aged spruce X bracing, the AVN11 Artwood Vintage provides a wide open, resonant sound with a vivid tonal projection. The satin-finished mahogany soft-V shape neck provides increased playing comfort. A bone nut and saddle were chosen for their ability to naturally transfer string vibration.
- Antique Brown Sunburst semi-gloss finish
- Dovetail neck joint
- Gold mother-of-pearl dot inlays
- Wooden multi-rosette
- Ibanez Advantage pins
- D'Addario EXP16
- Body type: Parlor
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Thermo Aged solid Caucasian spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Forward shifted pattern 5/16" scalloped
- Body finish: Semi-gloss polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Soft V
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ovangkol
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25 in.
- Number of frets: 18
- Neck finish: Semi-gloss polyurethane
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Antique chrome tuners with oval knobs
- Bridge: Ovangkol
- Saddle and nut: Unbleached oil-impregnated bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: None
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Hex wrench, bridge pin
- Country of origin: China