Patented removable neck system allows this carbon fiber acoustic travel guitar to collapse into an airline carry-on size case for the traveling musician or backpacker. Carbon fiber composite material provides durability and can function in any climate without cracking, warping or changing tone.
The Overhead carries a clear resonant tone with surprising volume and bass. The relatively small body size is able to carry a full sound through the use of a Manzer wedge which increases the air volume while keeping the top of the guitar close to the body for comfort. Also provides access to the upper frets through a Scoopaway™ at the neck.
Also includes tone-enhancing premium-grade bone nut and saddle, along with ebony bridge pins.
- Soundboard: Unidirection Carbon Fiber with matte finish
- Back & Sides: Carbon Fiber Twill with matte finish
- Case: Custom-designed travel guitar backpack engineered to fit in airline carry-on compartment
- Pickup: Proprietary under-bridge transducer pickup system
DESIGNED FOR TRAVEL
- The Overhead travel guitar uses a patented collapsible neck system which allows for assembly/disassembly in a matter of seconds.
- After packing in its travel backpack the Overhead travel guitar can be carried-on to most major airlines, easily fitting in the overhead bin compartment.
- Travel backpack includes a TSA compliant laptop tablet fold-out panel which can be scanned by airport security without having to separately remove laptop.
- Proprietary under-bridge transducer pickup system accurately amplifies the guitar and comes with all Overhead guitars.
FULL TONE IN A TRAVEL BODY
- The wedge design gives a lower shoulder/bout depth that’s deeper than a dreadnought, allowing the smaller body size to deliver great volume and booming bass.
- Bone nut, compensated bone saddle, and ebony bridge pins all help produce the tone preferred by acoustic guitarists.
- Offset sound-hole design maximizes the resonance and volume of the soundboard and proprietary bracing and layup structure produce a spectacular tone for such a compact instrument.
COMFORTABLE TO PLAY
- The wedge design angles the guitar into your body which places the guitar in a comfortable position for fingerboard access and viewing.
- The dual-action steel truss-rod enables fine tuning of relief to suit any playing style.
- Satin-finish low-c profile neck make this 24.5 inch scale super comfortable to play.
- Scoop-away™ design gives full access to all 20 frets, yet maximizes inner air volume of the instrument for maximum acoustical volume.
Proprietary Body Design:
- Stylized 00 body shape
- Mid-position offset sound hole for maximum resonance
- Scoopaway™ for access to all 20 frets while maintaining maximum volume
- Beveled back for maximum playing comfort
- Wedge design for increased volume, comfort and efficiency
- Beveled soundboard armrest for maximum comfort
- Unidirectional carbon fiber with proprietary carbon fiber bracing
Back and Sides:
- Fiberglass reinforced carbon fiber
- MOP logo and position markings
- Carbon Fiber, high break-angle
- Grover® 18:1 precision mini chrome tuners
- Included Journey™ under-saddle passive transducer pickup system delivers accurate and clear amplification for any PA system or amp.
Removable Neck Assembly:
- Stainless steel load-bearing components
- Push-button release latch under neck
- Large adjustment knob on back
- Carbon fiber reinforced traditional C shape with two-way adjustable truss rod
- Deep-slotted bone nut
- Neck width at nut: 1 ¾ in (44.5 mm)
- Neck width at 12th fret: 2.2 in (56 mm)
- 14 Frets to body
- 20 Frets total
- 16 inch Radius, Carbon Fiber
- Medium brass fret wire
- 2 ¼ in (>57.2mm)
- Compensated bone saddle
- Elixir® Phosphor-Bronze Lights
Guitar Dimensions and Weights:
- Weight: 4.1 lbs (1.9kg)
- Weight With Case: 7.6 lbs (3.5kg)
- Maximum depth: 4.64 in (11.8cm)
- Minimum Depth: 3.5 in (8.9 cm)
- Body Length: 18 in (45.7cm)
- Total Length: 35.5 in (90cm)
- Lower Bout Width: 12.5 in (31.8 cm)
- Maximum Case Dimensions:
- L*W*H: 22*14*10 in (55.9*35.5* 22.9 cm)
TRAVEL BACKPACK SPECIFICATIONS
Tech Travel Ready:
- TSA compliant 14-inch computer compartment for optimal airport security inspection
- Easy-access tablet pocket for up to 9.5 inch tablet devices
All- Premium Material Construction:
- Extra-durable Ballistic Nylon external case with premium nylon and velour lining
- Extra-padded Body compartment with premium velour
- Internally-accessible padded neck compartment with premium velour and string slot
- Padded string panel with strings positioning tab
- Padded Top and Side handles
Extra Compartments for Your Journey:
- Internal/externally accessible compartment for accessories
- Additional external topside pocket for additional accessories
- Additional elastic pockets in computer compartment
- Hideaway, reinforced padded backpack straps with padded back
Maximum Case Dimensions: L*W*H: 22*14*9 in ( 55.9*35.5* 22.9 cm)