Celebrating the X Series with special appointments and modern, reliable electronics.
In 1999, Martin broke into the world of alternative materials and created a whole new class of high-quality guitars: the X Series. In the 20 years since then, the X Series has evolved to include multiple design changes and alternative materials. This GPCX1AE 20th Anniversary Grand Performance model, featuring a solid hardwood neck, pearl pattern fingerboard and rosette inlay, and morado fingerboard and bridge, harkens back to the earliest days of the X Series. It offers you timeless tone for the modern age.
- 20th Anniversary of X Series
- Paper label
- Setup with Lifespan 2.0 Auth Acoustic MA540 Phosphor Light
- Body type: Grand Performance
- Cutaway: Yes
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Macassar HPLs
- Bracing pattern: Sitka 5/16" Scalloped/with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Body finish: Top has Hand Rubbed
- Neck shape: Performing Artist with High Performance Taper
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard: Morado (Bolivian Rosewood)
- Neck wood: Select Hardwood
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 14 clear of the body, 20 total
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Soundhole mounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Chrome Enclosed Gold Gear
- Bridge: Morado
- Saddle & nut: Compensated White Tusq, White Corian
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Accessories: None
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Mexico