VYPYR® X1 Guitar Modeling Amp
Peavey Electronics introduced the original VYPYR guitar amplifier in 2008. This game changing amplifier launched many industry firsts, such as first guitar amplifier to have on-board USB, stompbox presets, looper, 5 effect simultaneous operation, and TransTube®, Peavey's revolutionary analog/digital hybrid technology. In 2012 Peavey raised the bar again with the VYPYR VIP, the world's first Variable Instrument Performance amp. This was the first amplifier designed for use with electric, bass, and acoustic guitar. Additionally, Peavey was the first company to introduce instrument models to an already feature-packed amplifier.
Now continuing the tradition of innovation and excellence, Peavey launches the VYPYR X modeling amplifier. This latest evolution of the groundbreaking VYPYR series features updated styling, superior cabinet design for premier acoustic performance, and improved TransTube® technology.
Make your electric sound like an acoustic or bass guitar.
Another Peavey original, the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) interface allows users to identify the position of the knobs with a glance at the amp. When a modeling amp changes presets the settings on the knobs change with it; however, on most amps the position of the knob no longer corresponds with the actual setting.
This can cause confusion and mistakes that result in random, unwanted outcomes. With the VYPYR, the LEDs around the knob always indicate what position it is in relative to the current preset. Simply a better solution.
Amp Accessible Operation
Many competitors claim their amps have multiple effects and models, but most of them are not fully functional without the use of external software. With the VYPYR X you can access ANY of the features of the amp, right from the front of the amp itself or with the use of a footswitch in the case of the looper. This is a key advantage found on all VYPYR X amplifiers.
No hooking up a computer in order to edit your favorite preset or swap out an effect, you can do it right from the amplifier itself. Packed with amplifiers & effects so you don't need to buy them one at a time.
Packed with Amplifiers & Effects
Purchased individually the amps and effects in the VYPYR amp could cost a fortune. Our VYPYR series is an unbelievable value. VYPYRs use the same technology found in stompbox pedals that cost almost as much as a VYPYR for a single effect.
For the same amount of money, the Peavey VYPYR X1 gives you 12 effects in addition to 2 instrument models and 36 amplifier models.
- 20 Watts RMS
- Variable instrument input
- Lightweight and portable
- 2 instrument models
- Universal delay and reverb
- Headphone jack
- Analog TransTube® distortion
- 8" custom-voiced heavy-duty speaker
- 16 user assignable presets
- 12 stompbox effects with dual parameter control
- On-board looper with optional Sanpera™ footswitch
- Optional Sanpera™ footswitch
- Custom cabinet design for enhanced low-end response
- Semi-open back design for enhanced volume and tone
- 3.5mm aux in for connecting external audio sources
- 36 on-board amp models including 6 acoustic and 6 bass amp models
- Weight Unpacked: 20.28 lb (9.2 kg)
- Weight Packed: 22.05 lb (10 kg)
- Width Packed: 16"(40.64 cm)
- Height Packed: 9.2"(23.37 cm)
- Depth Packed: 19.5"(22.04 cm)