A new listening experience for the player that accentuates the sparkling trebles and the full bass. This guitar is especially well suited for alternate tunings. The CO-WS1005NST, like all the other members of the Concert Series, has an all-graphite body and a unidirectional Carbon soundboard. Unique to this model is the offset soundhole and the 12-fret, short scale (24.9”) neck.
Unidirectional Carbon mimics the tight grain of a fine spruce. These soundboards are the lightest built by RainSong - which explains their responsiveness and warm tone.
The neck of the CO-WS1005NST joins the body at the 12th fret rather than the 14th fret. This moves the bridge back on the soundboard towards the center of the lower bout resulting in improved sonic energy transmission from the strings to the soundboard and enhanced bass response.
The soundhole of the CO-WS1005NST is located on the player’s side of the upper bout. The proximity to the player’s ear produces a sense of increased volume. The reduced size of the soundhole combined with the uninterrupted larger vibrating surface of the soundboard accentuates the highs and the lows relative to the mids.
Like all RainSongs, the CO-WS1005NST uses Projection Tuned LayeringTM for the crystal detail, warmth and volume of the classic carbon sound. All-composite construction means a robust instrument that can withstand variations in humidity and temperatures.
Top-of-the-line Fishman Prefix electronics with a built-in tuner makes the CO-WS1005NST a stage-ready instrument.
The CO-WS1005NST sports an elegant tobacco burst color high-gloss UV protective polyurethane finish.
Soundboard: All-graphite soundboard crafted using RainSong's Projection Tuned Layering™ technique. No soundboard braces. Abalone rosette.
- Body: All-graphite body. No body braces.
- Neck: All-graphite NS neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong's Performance Shape Casting™ as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod. Custom shark inlays.
- Accessories: Tusq™ Nut, saddle and bridgepins.
- Case: Customized hardshell case.
- Finish UV protective, high-gloss, urethane in tobacco burst color
- Depth at end-pin: 5 inches
- Lower bout: 15.8 inches
- Body Length: 19.5 inches
- Neck width at nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale length: 24.9 inches
- Tuning machines: Chrome plated Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
- Electronics: Fishman Prefix+T / LR Baggs Stagepro Element