Designed for Travel
- The Overhead travel guitar uses a patented collapsible neck system which allows for assembly/disassembly in a matter of seconds.
- After packing in its travel backpack the Overhead travel guitar can be carried-on to most major airlines, easily fitting in the overhead bin compartment.
- Travel backpack includes a TSA compliant laptop tablet fold-out panel which can be scanned by airport security without having to separately remove laptop.
- Proprietary under-bridge transducer pickup system accurately amplifies the guitar and comes with all Overhead guitars.
Full Tone in a Travel Body
- The wedge design gives a lower shoulder/bout depth that’s deeper than a dreadnought, allowing the smaller body size to deliver great volume and booming bass.
- Bone nut, compensated bone saddle, and ebony bridge pins all help produce the the tone preferred by acoustic guitarists.
- Traditional sound-hole design with forward-shifted, tapered X-bracing maximizes the resonance and volume of the soundboard.
Comfortable to Play
- The wedge design angles the guitar into your body which places the guitar in a comfortable position for fingerboard access and viewing.
- The dual-action steel truss-rod enables fine tuning of relief to suit any playing style.
- Satin-finish low-c profile neck make this 24.5 inch scale super comfortable to play.
Proprietary Body Design:
- Stylized 00 body shape
- Center sound hole with Pau Ferro rosette
- Wedge design for increased volume, comfort and efficiency
- Hand-selected Premium Solid Sitka Spruce
Back and Sides:
- Premium Solid Pau Ferro back, laminate sides
- Forward-shifted tapered X-bracing
- Compound block for reduced weight and strengthened latch support
Binding and Markings:
- MOP logo and position markings
- Maple binding
- Satin on soundboard, back, and sides
- Ovangkol, high break-angle
- Grover® 18:1 or Journey 18:1 Locking Tuners
- Included JourneyTek™ under-bridge upgradeable passive 3-piezo transducer pickup system delivers accurate and clear amplification for any PA system or amp.
Removable Neck Assembly:
- Stainless steel load-bearing components
- Push-button release latch under neck
- Large adjustment knob on back
- Carbon fiber reinforced traditional C shape with two-way adjustable truss rod
- Solid African Mahogany
- Deep-slotted bone nut
- Neck width at nut: 1 ¾ in (44.5 mm)
- Neck width at 12th fret: 2.2 in (56 mm)
- 14 Frets to body
- 20 Frets total
- 16 inch Radius, Ovangkol
- Medium brass fret wire
- 2 ¼ in (>57.2mm)
- Compensated bone saddle
- Elixir® Phosphor-Bronze Lights
Guitar Dimensions and Weights:
Weight: 4.4 lbs (2.0kg)
Weight With Case: 7.4 lbs (3.3kg)
Maximum depth: 4.64 in (11.8cm)
Minimum Depth: 3.5 in (8.9 cm)
Body Length: 18 in (45.7cm)
Total Length: 35.5 in (90cm)
Lower Bout Width: 13.25 in (33.7 cm)
Travel Backpack Specifications
Tech Travel Ready:
TSA compliant 14-inch computer compartment for optimal airport security inspection
Easy-access tablet pocket for up to 9.5 inch tablet devices
All- Premium Material Construction:
Extra-durable Ballistic Polyester external case with premium polyester and velour lining
Extra-padded Body compartment with premium velour
Internally-accessible padded neck compartment with premium velour and string slot
Padded string panel with strings positioning tab
Padded Top and Side handles
Extra Compartments for Your Journey:
Internal/externally accessible compartment for accessories
Additional external topside pocket for additional accessories
Additional elastic pockets in computer compartment
Hideaway, reinforced padded backpack straps with padded back
Maximum Case Dimensions: L*W*H: 22*14*9 in ( 55.9*35.5* 22.9 cm)
Note: Some cases may open from the opposite side to accomodate additional guitar models that share the same guitar case.